Job Category: Production
Contract Type: Full-Time
Location: USA, New York
Salary and Schedule:
First shift: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hourly pay: $17.50-$18 per hour gross 5 days a week, Monday to Friday
Second shift: 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Hourly pay: $19 per hour gross
5 days a week, Monday to Friday
Third shift: 12:00 am – 8:00 am
Hourly pay: $21-$22 per hour gross 5 days a week, Monday to Friday
UNITED STATES WORK PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY
- To perform all required tasks in the inspection, assembly, and/or packaging of product.
- This position reports directly to the Lead and/or Assistant Lead.
- Will take direction from Production Manager and/or Production Supervisor.
- Will be required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other duties requested by their Supervisor.
- Health, Dental, Vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Company also provides paid vacation and paid sick days.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Committed to ensuring the achievement of continuous improvement within area of expertise, as well as areas of business in order to remain at the forefront of meeting Company objectives, thus proactively satisfying customers.
- This position mandates that all required safety classes, trainings, and certifications be completed and maintained within the specific position/department.
- Is aware of relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- This position requires an employee to work their regularly scheduled shift; ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Must be aware and comply with related ISO/IATF procedures, as applicable.
- Responsible to ensure that all work is performed in accordance with specific Work Instructions, Production Work Orders, and/or additional instructional materials and reference documents.
- Verify/confirm correct part numbers using the proper procedures/documentation (i.e. product view, roll marks, I. D. bands, skid identification tags, etc.).
- Inspect specified parts according to standardized criteria established in supporting documentation/procedures (i.e. Visual Limit Samples, photo reference, key fit verification, gauging, etc.).
- Use a computer to find appropriate documentation for performing a specific task (i.e. using the AS400 to look up/print out work instructions and product view).
- Signing on and off the computer daily with proper process codes for job tasks.
- Understand importance of part verification and sub-assemblies.
- Understand the importance of functional testing of a part. Know where and how to use reference key/locks to verify a part, and how to use appropriate gauges.
- Keep work area clean and organized. Follow 5S guidelines.
- This job description in no way states or even implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or work experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and orally.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Up to three (3) months related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, vendors, co-workers, and Supervisors.
- Will not impose on self or others as a direct threat to health or safety.
- Works as a team player, helping to meet departmental and Company goals and objectives.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to learn repetitive tasks quickly; read and comprehend Production Work Order; and to be proactive in continuous improvement.
- When given proper instruction, ability to retain knowledge of patterns.
- Basic computer skills to operate Company software.
Physical demands and work environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Management can move employees into other departments for business needs.
- Position requires individual to be capable of traveling and working throughout the entire facility, within reasonable accommodation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- International passport
- Visa to USA
- Work permit in USA
Joblio services to job applicants and candidates are completely free.